Quick Suburban Home 14th Anniversary Update

Guest admin1338560633

Words cannot even begin to tell how special this past weekend was. If I could have dreamed up how I wanted things to go, this weekend surpassed those hopes. There was so much positivity all weekend. I met some new friends and saw lots of good, old friends. Having 14 bands in town was just awesome. From the opening notes of Look Mexico's set to Tim Barry's unplugged final song, everyone did an amazing job. Our Garage Sale turned into a hootenanny of our artists passing around guitars and taking turns singing songs. Our BBQ and Washer's tournament was a blast and the weather was perfect. I had a smile all weekend long. Having people from all over the United States flying into Denver for the weekend made me feel extra special. It just meant the world to me that people thought enough of what we do to come from New York, New Jersey, California, Georgia, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Minnesota, Virginia, Florida, and locally. It really made me feel like what we do at Suburban Home and Vinyl Collective made a difference for some folks and that is all I have ever hoped to do.

I am totally cracked out from going out 4 nights in a row, drinking beer all day and all night, and getting absolutely no rest. Because of this, you may have noticed a lack of updates on the site. I'm sorry, but man, I am getting too old to do what I did this weekend. I should be back on my game tomorrow, but I do plan on posting a few things today.

Thanks everyone for helping us get to 14 years. Thanks everyone who made it out for our festivities. Independent music matters, I had proof of that all weekend long.

i had a great time this weekend. wish i could of stayed for that washers tournament/bbq on sunday, unfortunately. and that also resulted in me missing gaslight play that night in denver too. hugee bummer. but oh welll. i still a lot of fun the two nights before that. and will totally be there for future anniversary shows!

I had an absolutely awesome time this weekend. Thank you Virgil and I'll be there next year for 15! Seeing Austin Lucas (my favorite SH artist) backed by Two Cow Garage was easily my highlight. I bought a handful of SH releases on Friday night that I had been meaning to grab and ended up with a free "I celebrate their entire catalog" t-shirt. I'm excited because I wore out the one I already had.

THIS WEEKEND WAS AMAZING!!! I am actually still in Denver and bummed I have to leave to go home tomorrow. Thanks to Virgil and the Entire SH/VC Crew as well as Austin, Josh, Tim, Coody and the boys and all the other great performers for making this weekend so amazing like Virgil said it really surpassed everything I though it would be and I could not have asked for a better time everyone was so awesome and it was cool to see some friends and well as meet new ones (Devin your the man!). Anyone who has not been to one of these please plan to go next year you will not be disappointed and again thanks everyone for such an amazing weekend ILL BE BACK SOON!!!

Hey guys...Someone did an audience recording of our set at the SUBURBAN HOME 14th ANNIVERSARY party last week in Denver. And it sounds pretty good!

Here it is...I guess it disappears after 12 days or something.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=741623459&email=7c221f47ee0e0b379c324e61fa5b611d

Setlist was:

HANGMAN'S TIME

EARLY MORNING BLACKOUT

TONIGHT, COME HOME

COMING IN BACKWARDS

WAILING WEST

NOTHING LASTS

HEAVEN KNOWS MY NAME

ANOTHER TWO WEEKS

TROUBLE (Cat Stevens)

If you couldn't make it out, this is the rock that went down!

Mike

Hey guys...Someone did an audience recording of our set at the SUBURBAN HOME 14th ANNIVERSARY party last week in Denver. And it sounds pretty good!

Here it is...I guess it disappears after 12 days or something.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=741623459&email=7c221f47ee0e0b379c324e61fa5b611d

Setlist was:

HANGMAN'S TIME

EARLY MORNING BLACKOUT

TONIGHT, COME HOME

COMING IN BACKWARDS

WAILING WEST

NOTHING LASTS

HEAVEN KNOWS MY NAME

ANOTHER TWO WEEKS

TROUBLE (Cat Stevens)

If you couldn't make it out, this is the rock that went down!

Mike

I am so bummed I missed you guys atleast I get to listen to the set now though. My flight was 3 hours delayed it sucked balls please come play NY!!!