How NOT to pack a record part 58

I make a point of describing how I expect a record to be packed when ordering from a seller I don't know. Doesn't work every time but it makes it less likely at least.

I ordered an lp off a seller on Musicstack a while ago and he shipped it in a jiffy bag with no card reinforcements. The record arrived understandably damaged so i sent him an e-mail to let him know I wasn't happy. Amazingly, his response was that he'd shipped dozens of records that way and never had a problem. He then basically accused me of trying to rip him off! How can anyone ship an lp like that and not automatically think "shit, if i ship it like that it's bound to get damaged"? It's common fucking sense! That's why I get so mad about it. It's the most foreseeable problem and yet so easy to stop happening!

I make a point of describing how I expect a record to be packed when ordering from a seller I don't know. Doesn't work every time but it makes it less likely at least.

I ordered an lp off a seller on Musicstack a while ago and he shipped it in a jiffy bag with no card reinforcements. The record arrived understandably damaged so i sent him an e-mail to let him know I wasn't happy. Amazingly, his response was that he'd shipped dozens of records that way and never had a problem. He then basically accused me of trying to rip him off! How can anyone ship an lp like that and not automatically think "shit, if i ship it like that it's bound to get damaged"? It's common fucking sense! That's why I get so mad about it. It's the most foreseeable problem and yet so easy to stop happening!

2 mistakes there. 1, assuming people have common sense and 2, telling someone how to do their job. most people hate to be told how to do their job, it's basically talking down to them and treating them like a child or an idiot. so at that point that seller didn't care and probably went out of his way to do a half ass job packing up your record.