WTF Amazon.com

deafmx

i've tried 3 different browsers trying to get different results and i keep getting this certificate error. i'm on the phone with customer service now trying to tell them about it and they want my name. then keep telling me that is not the name on the account, that i should set up a new account. i gave them my name 3 times, my email 2 times, my mailing address 2 times, an order number on an order from the other day in my inbox. what more can i confirm? wtfffff is going on? it happened thursday night too with the black friday lightning sales. when i went to login once putting something in my cart, i would get an error along these lines.

[image]

anyone else having this problem now or had it thursday? baffled. do you think it's a backup server so the site doesn't crash? now i just sat on hold another 15 minutes and the call got disconnected after i asked to talk to his supervisor. puh-lease.

so bizarre. site works fine on another pc in the house, can login with no error and it says the certificate belongs to amazon! my friend's iphone on our network had no problem either. i'm starting to think it's some firefox plugin screwing up everything but then again, it had the error on 4 browsers (ie, firefox, chrome, safari). don't know how else to explain it. maybe it's a trojan or something attached to amazon.com, it did it for about an hour on thursday then i made an order just fine friday.

oddly enough, i logged in here and my name on my acct isn't my name but it's a username. guy asked for my name, not my user name. i bet he lovedddd dealing with me! :D