Iron Reminders 10 song LP. Free download link

harmless

Been meaning to put this up for awhile. My band Iron Reminders has a new LP. 10 songs, limited to 100 copies, and available now if anyone is interested in checking it out.

mbrs of He Who Corrupts, Social Coma, Long Live Nothing, Letterbombs, Wayouts, blah blah blah. I guess it's melodic hardcore. I don't know - you tell me. Reckless described it as "Midwest punk with a slight MINUTEMEN slant meets INFEST".

$10 post-paid US (although a buck or two for fees would be appreciated). Please get in touch for international rates.

To order, please go to http://www.plasticairlines.com or just paypal $10 to harmlessrecords at gmail & mention what you want in the memo.

If you'd like to check it out first or just want the MP3s (we're essentially giving it away - the LPs are just for those who want a tangible copy), as promised in the subject line, here's a link to MP3s of the whole album. Please feel free to download it & let me know what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhtdjo2wim1

[image]

i still think the unreleased letterbombs record should get a short-run release like this. but then i also think the wayouts ep and the winepress discog should be pressed, along with every other album i enjoy listening to that has not already seen a vinyl release. i will be ordering this shortly.

the letterbombs unreleased album...the Chicago dilemma of a decade...the vocals and lyrics are sooo phoned-in it's not even funny...listening to that recording is just a massive bum out because that band live was awesome, the 7's are great too but that band live just destroyed

...though I'm sure if you wanted to pay the $500 or so to make em, Scott would let you.

yea, yea. i mean i really didn't think it was bad. maybe the vocals weren't quite as well-rehearsed as previous recordings, but i still saw it as a progression of the band, for better or worse. they matured on the album from simple punk rock to a well-orchestrated sound bridging punk rock and mid-90s touch & go-esque indie rock with some newfound pop sensibilities (unintentional apocalypse hoboken reference there). but thats just what i picked up, i guess. maybe i'm blowing smoke. i've listened to the album quite a few times, front to back. plus, i really dig the sludgeworth cover.

for those wondering: http://www.myspace.com/theletterbombspunk

i hear ya...they were definitely a favorite band of mine when they were together...

Iron Reminders is half of the Letterbombs mind you (Scott and Rob)! What they need to do is start a new band and just use the songs and have a new singer write their own lyrics and go from there.

Me and Scott have definitely talked about the Winepress discog...maybe one day

they matured on the album from simple punk rock to a well-orchestrated sound bridging punk rock and mid-90s touch & go-esque indie rock with some newfound pop sensibilities (unintentional apocalypse hoboken reference there). but thats just what i picked up, i guess. maybe i'm blowing smoke.

Wow, I think you may have put more thought into the evolution of the band than I did ;). It was never an intentional process, but I guess it was natural/inevitable as we got older. Funny, because I think we actually put a lot less thought into the song writing later on to be honest, but the songs were written over a longer period of time than those on the first two records, so I guess that may have made things sound more "evolved".

Yeah, the vocals are a common knock on that album, and I can totally understand why. I've heard that sentiment a lot - great music, but the vocals totally ruin it. I think Michelle just had a lot more going on during that time than she did when the band was newer, and so she wasn't able to put the time into the vocals like she had initially. And to be fair, we never made things easier on her. For example, shortly after we recorded everything it hit me how the song "Taken" was written completely out of her vocal range & we absolutely should have changed the key to make it easier for her to sing. Common sense stuff like that.