Phono Preamp help?

Got a turntable sorted but going to need a phono pre-amp as I only have an aux to plug into.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice. I know you can get super cheap ones for like £20 but assume they are very rubbish. I want to spend as little as possible but get something that is an 'okay' budget model. I'm thinking second hand on ebay or somewhere may be the way to go but have no idea what to look for, as in what would a good quality one be?

Remember to match your cart to the pre-amp before buying. If you have a moving magnet cart, any moving magnet pre-amp will do, since their i/o sensitivity is relatively the same across the board. However if you have a moving coil cart, you will need to make sure the pre-amp has the correct specs for loading, gain, etc. for your specific cart.

I've been very satisfied with with Pro-Ject USB phono preamp. Good sound for the price. The analog to digital converter and USB-out are nice features too.

http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Phono-Box-USB-Phono-Preamp;jsessionid=0a010c471f43ce4d3cb0763f4d979496da62345f66eb.e3eSch4MaN4Re34Pa38Ta38Pbhn0?sc=2&category=401