speakers

mclz

I don't know what happened to my other thread so I thought I'd make a new one. I'm still looking for speakers for my record player. I'm looking for something in the 200-300 dollar range that can be plugged in through audio (l&r) cables and NOT WIRES! and have volume control. Can someone please direct me in the right direction? Thank you.

Why would you want something that uses interconnect and not speaker cable? Your use of words is confusing. Everyone switches the meaning of cables.

Either way, these are on sale, and for $200 you get the pair + stands... I"ve never heard them, but I've heard good things about them.

https://svsound.com/products-spks-sbs01.cfm

What kind of record player do you have??? Chances are, it does not have an amplification stage in it. You will need to hook your record player up to a phono pre-amp or a receiver/preamp with a phono stage. From there, you hook up your speakers with speaker wire to an amplifier/receiver.

Hope that helps.....or maybe I am just confused by your post????

What kind of record player do you have??? Chances are, it does not have an amplification stage in it. You will need to hook your record player up to a phono pre-amp or a receiver/preamp with a phono stage. From there, you hook up your speakers with speaker wire to an amplifier/receiver.

I have a Stanton T92

I have a Stanton T92

I looked at a picture of it, doesn't look like it has any kind of integrated amp. You're going to need a receiver of some sort, a record player is not made to output to speakers. It is made to output signal to an amplifier of some sort. Its the amplifiers job to send the "amplified" signal to the speakers which is actually loud enough for listening. If this signal were not amplified it would probably be barely audible.