CLOSED!

blanketbyday

Selling We Shall all be Healed? I should pay you NOT to sell it...that's my favorite record of the last decade. Also where my username came from (if that wasn't obvious)...

SOMEONE BUY IT. It's about when John Darnielle (a nurse at the time of the subject matter contained within WSABH) lived in a house of meth addicts and dealers; got into the world himself; and lost comprehension and memory for weeks at a time. He finally moved because he was convinced the house was quickly killing him. He wrote a song about revisiting this old house on his latest album (The Life of the World to Come) with the track Genesis 3:23.

Also...is this the original pressing or the repress? I've got both, but it's probably worth mentioning for sake of the sale...

EDIT: Songs from this album have been covered by Ben Gibbard (during his last solo tour) and The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers.

Just trying to show how incredible this album is...

Selling We Shall all be Healed? I should pay you NOT to sell it...that's my favorite record of the last decade. Also where my username came from (if that wasn't obvious)...

SOMEONE BUY IT. It's about when John Darnielle (a nurse at the time of the subject matter contained within WSABH) lived in a house of meth addicts and dealers; got into the world himself; and lost comprehension and memory for weeks at a time. He finally moved because he was convinced the house was quickly killing him. He wrote a song about revisiting this old house on his latest album (The Life of the World to Come) with the track Genesis 3:23.

Also...is this the original pressing or the repress? I've got both, but it's probably worth mentioning for sake of the sale...

EDIT: Songs from this album have been covered by Ben Gibbard (during his last solo tour) and The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers.

Just trying to show how incredible this album is...

Pretty sure it is the repress, and I fully agree that it is a fantastic album! Selling the lp does not in any way imply that I will not continue to enjoy the music contained within!

Repress would've had a digital download and a sticker over the wrap.

Yeah, I've since used the download :)

Did you see them perform genesis 3:23 a few nights ago on fallon? It was pretty great!

I didn't. I'm sure I'll get around to it...I'm a huge poster on the Mountain Goats' forums. I can't get down on Genesis 3:23...it sounds a bit too cheesy. The thing about WSABH is how gritty it is. Every instrument is turned up so loud it distorts and sort of disorients the listener. It uses atmosphere to try and convey living in a state of being awake for days at a time...I think it works extremely well. I'm sorry you're in a situation that you have to sell that record...I have hundreds of records that would be harder to replace, but that's the last one I'd ever get rid of.

Yeah, I've since used the download :)

Did you see them perform genesis 3:23 a few nights ago on fallon? It was pretty great!

I didn't. I'm sure I'll get around to it...I'm a huge poster on the Mountain Goats' forums. I can't get down on Genesis 3:23...it sounds a bit too cheesy. The thing about WSABH is how gritty it is. Every instrument is turned up so loud it distorts and sort of disorients the listener. It uses atmosphere to try and convey living in a state of being awake for days at a time...I think it works extremely well. I'm sorry you're in a situation that you have to sell that record...I have hundreds of records that would be harder to replace, but that's the last one I'd ever get rid of.

I fully understand, if I do not get a buyer for it in the next few days it will most likely be taken off of the list!