Josh Small "Tall" Color Question (w/pics)

I started a new thread 30 minutes ago titled "Josh Small 'Tall' Green/Grey info" because I thought I had received those two colors -- well apparently my mind was lost because I got home to take pictures and Side A/B is red; Side C/D is dark green!

I just received this album yesterday, and my buddy has the same one but his LPs are "Frosty Green" which was supposed to be this!

Was there a 3rd pressing??

This look like a first press copy.

That would be sweet but I know the first press copy has different cover artwork and the LPs were burgundy and gold.

The artwork on my album is also different than the 2nd pressing because it has green and brown (2nd pressing has green and black). The more I look into it the more fun this is haha

Do you have pics of the cover?

I`m curious to see it.

I checked out my friend's album who has the 2nd pressing frosty green and his does not have the "SH 047-1" (picture below) and hopefully you can see that the letters and colors are brown rather than black like the 2nd pressing

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

OKAY I FOUND IT -- IT IS THE FIRST PRESSING!! I JUST GOOGLED JOSH SMALL SH 047-1 AND CAME ACROSS VC'S LINK:

http://www.vinylcollective.com/discography/

Hell yes! Thanks to phil and jordan for quickly pointing it out!

And thanks to VC for "accidentally" sending me the 1st press rather than the 2nd press on frosty green!

sorry about all the confusion, the gold on the first pressing looks kind of green depending on which one you get. The burgundy does have some pink, too.

There have only been 2 pressings so far

1st pressing - on gold/burgundy (200)

2nd pressing - on frosty green (500)

When we first pressed "Tall", we did so only because we really wanted it on vinyl but we didn't think we could sell very many. To our surprise we sold through of the first pressing and have been doing well with the 2nd.

I have been listening to rough mixes of Josh's new album and holy shit, it is the greatest 70's folk record ever. People are gonna be blown away

sorry about all the confusion, the gold on the first pressing looks kind of green depending on which one you get. The burgundy does have some pink, too.

There have only been 2 pressings so far

1st pressing - on gold/burgundy (200)

2nd pressing - on frosty green (500)

When we first pressed "Tall", we did so only because we really wanted it on vinyl but we didn't think we could sell very many. To our surprise we sold through of the first pressing and have been doing well with the 2nd.

I have been listening to rough mixes of Josh's new album and holy shit, it is the greatest 70's folk record ever. People are gonna be blown away

I cannot fucking wait to hear his new album! I'm pumped for the PO that probably won't happen for a while haha

As for me receiving the 1st press, was it an accident? Either way, I'm grateful as hell