help shipping records to the UK!

the problem im running into isnt that i wont ship the records to him, the kid is telling me that $30-35 is to much and that im trying to make money on shipping. i was just hoping there was mistake i was making somewhere calculating shipping.

$30 does seem too high. can't you just take the package to the post office and have it weighed? that's what i did when a guy from the US bought a few records from me. it's a pain in the ass but the best way to be accurate.

Agreed! If you sell a lot of vinyl it is worth investing in some decent digital scales but even if it's a one off sale, post offices do weigh stuff for you no questions asked so that's the best way to be accurate evn if you don't send the package there and then!

usually, for a well packed record, in my experience costs roughly around $13 + $2 for each additional record so i would say around $20. The No Idea calculator came out at $25 so i would say $30-$35 is a little dear but it all depends on how its packed.

To get a rough weight just put the records and what you plan to ship it in on a kitchen scale and use the price table for which ever service you are going to use. The price is printed on label so just tell him you want how ever much but will refund him the difference minus a couple of dollars for packing materials. Seems like the best option to me.