Dave Gorman

Yes, he is awesome.

I have seen the show he did before the Googlewhack adventure when he tried to meet people who shared the same name, some real old stand up, a series when he drove across America avoiding chain stores and a show he does now called Genius. plus read all his accompanying books.

If you like him check out Join Me and The Yes Man by Danny Wallace they are the similar man mission type adventures. He is Dave Gorman's Co-writer also so a lot of the prose is fairly similar. (Don't judge it by the Jim Carry movie - that sucked.

Yes, he is awesome.

I have seen the show he did before the Googlewhack adventure when he tried to meet people who shared the same name, some real old stand up, a series when he drove across America avoiding chain stores and a show he does now called Genius. plus read all his accompanying books.

If you like him check out Join Me and The Yes Man by Danny Wallace they are the similar man mission type adventures. He is Dave Gorman's Co-writer also so a lot of the prose is fairly similar. (Don't judge it by the Jim Carry movie - that sucked.

i've read both, yes man especially is really good

i might even say lifechanging

^

Definitely dude, it really makes you think. Dave Gorman has just done a stand up tour and i'm pretty sure a DVD will soon be on its way. You can pick "Are You Dave Gorman" on DVD as well if you haven't seen it, i have a badge somewhere from his original campaign.

My favourite part of the Googlewhack Adventure is his US drivers license tattoo. I was literally holding my sides i laughed that much.

^

My favourite part of the Googlewhack Adventure is his US drivers license tattoo. I was literally holding my sides i laughed that much.

Agreed! Dave Gorman is really very good at standup. His books are also very funny. His TVs hows are pretty good and, maybe most importanlty, he comes across as a genuinely decent bloke. I can't help but feel I'd enjoy a pint or two with this man. I probably need to share his name for this to become a reality though.

Guest markovianprocess

Dave Gorman is superb. After this tour (according to his Twitter) he is working on the next series of Genius.

If you like his comedy, you might enjoy Rhod Gilbert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poyJ1wPcn0o&feature=related

Here is some of the material that he performs on the DVD 'The Award-Winning Mince Pie'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhod-Gilbert-Awa....8127783&s r=8-1

^

Agreed! Dave Gorman is really very good at standup. His books are also very funny. His TVs hows are pretty good and, maybe most importanlty, he comes across as a genuinely decent bloke. I can't help but feel I'd enjoy a pint or two with this man. I probably need to share his name for this to become a reality though.

I know what your saying matey, i would go for a beer with him.

yeah i read all his and danny wallaces stuff im a big fan.

he does a radio show that has a podcast every week for absolute radio which isnt too bad.

Tom would you sell that badge? I just found out that you know Alex he just moved to Perth not long ago

Yeah, i know Kelly and Alex. I love how small the world is. Say hi to them for me next time you see them.

I just tried to dig out the Dave Gorman badge but i can't find it. I can only find the Dave whacked my Google badge. It looked like the one bellow. if i find it you can have it.

[image]