V/A - Dangerous Intersections VI

Out now!

[image]

300 on black.

180 on barbicide.

60 on UK yellow (available exclusively from Different Kitchen)

5 on smokestain.

Stream a song now at trafficstreetrecords.com or myspace.com/trafficstreetrecords

No High Fives to Bullshit - myspace.com/nohighfivestobullshit

From Colorado comes some of the sludgiest, heaviest, most fucked up pop punk ever. People throw around Crimsphrine a lot as a point of reference for describing a band, but NH5s are one of the only bands that actually have some of that energy and grit that everybody else is only hoping will come across in playing scrubby punk rock. And whereas other bands imitate, these guys take that basic idea and build on it to create something new. I can't say enough great things about this. Why isn't my band even half this good? (Don't answer that).

The Manix - myspace.com/themanixmn

Catchy, fast-as-fuck pop punk from MPLS in the spirit of Rivethead. Their song on this one is going to be stuck in your head for the rest of your life. Seriously, if you're a fan of any of the current MPLS bands (especially Banner Pilot and Apocalypse Meow -two bands that some of the Manix dudes also play in), don't even wait for this to come out -go check out this band right now. And their new 7" on Whoa Oh Records is also in stock in the distro and it fucking rules so you should probably pick that up too.

The Humanoids - myspace.com/thehumanoidsruleearth

Want a new Ergs! song? Tough shit! Want a new song from a young St. Louis band that can write some seriously Ergs!-ish pop punk without sounding at all like copycats? Well you're in luck! These guys put out a couple of EPs on Rock Bottom in the last couple years and if you don't have 'em yet, you should probably get on that. Smart, slick pop punk that'll appeal equally to fans in the Ramonescore, East Bay, and Gainesville camps.

The Taxpayers - myspace.com/thetaxpayers

What would Dangerous Intersections be without one song that seems at least sort of out of place? (Maybe that's what makes them so dangerous, huh?). Anyway, Portland, OR's The Taxpayers offer up a 4-minute epic motherfucker of a song that should sit pretty well with fans of The Sidekicks and anybody that thought "The Disco Before The Breakdown" was a step forward, rather than the beginning of the end. I think it fucking rules.

So for real, 3 outta 4 of these songs were handpicked from what would have otherwise been 7" EPs. That means that you're getting the best song that every band possibly has to offer. And not to shit on anything in the past, but that selection process has resulted in what is pretty arguably the best installment yet. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've listened to this 40 times already. It's really good so get excited.

http://www.trafficstreetrecords.com/site/

The Humanoids - myspace.com/thehumanoidsruleearth

Want a new Ergs! song? Tough shit! Want a new song from a young St. Louis band that can write some seriously Ergs!-ish pop punk without sounding at all like copycats? Well you're in luck! These guys put out a couple of EPs on Rock Bottom in the last couple years and if you don't have 'em yet, you should probably get on that. Smart, slick pop punk that'll appeal equally to fans in the Ramonescore, East Bay, and Gainesville camps.

St. Louis representing!! ;D;D;D

• 3 years later...