New Bad Religion Song... fuck yeah!

Guest adam526
Every record is good, but it's all the same.

this is a common but often misconstrued argument. Musically, Bad Religion have probably been able to vary and progress their music more than any other band that's been around half the time that they have...

You're the biggest BR fan on this board, so I know I shouldn't even say this cause I'm probably gonna get burned, but I have to agree that they have some cool songs but they all sound the same.

this is a common but often misconstrued argument. Musically, Bad Religion have probably been able to vary and progress their music more than any other band that's been around half the time that they have...

You're the biggest BR fan on this board, so I know I shouldn't even say this cause I'm probably gonna get burned, but I have to agree that they have some cool songs but they all sound the same.

I'm not going to burn anyone or something like that, it's just that people say this all the time about BR when in reality it is more applicable to so many bands that people jock than it is to BR.

For example my friend above here tellallyourfriends (PAUL). You collect New Found Glory. I think it's a pretty easy to see that NFG have essentially put out the same record (except for Coming Home... which could be regarded as their Into the Unknown) since they became a band. Pop punk songs with ever present and more constant breakdowns since Chad listens to hardcore. Song's constantly about girls, friends, etc... this is also pretty applicable to any band currently around these days that really wish they were saves the day... all the songs are the same and people are eating it up.

Sure BR have what they do down and there are similarities between certain records, but by and large they've progressed well in their 30 years as a band and have managed to switch things up quite a bit. The Defense, Beyond Electric Dreams, Boot Stamping on a Human Face, Slumber, Man With A Mission etc... are all great examples of songs that definitely don't sound like any other BR song and there are countless more.

Also, and I really still do love this band, but at least they're not Pennywise... now THATS a band that has been churning out the same record for 20 years.

Also, and I really still do love this band, but at least they're not Pennywise... now THATS a band that has been churning out the same record for 20 years.

Funny that you say that because I was just about to say the same thing. I love Pennywise, but every record sounds the same and it's definitely not the case with Bad Religion. For a punk band who's been together for 30 years, they are great at changing things up.

People make the same assumption about 311. Everyone thinks that they're "bro rock" because all they've heard are the singles. Every 311 CD sounds different. Transistor, Grassroots, Music, Soundsystem.....all sound completely different from each other.