Upcoming Boss Tuneage Vinyl Release!

Nice to post on here about an actual vinyl release happening!!

Just to let you all know we're doing a VIOLENT ARREST 12" featuring the 10 new tracks on the recent "Minute Manifestos" CD

Its a corelease between us and the mighty Tadpole Records

Will put details of the preorder on here once we have the test pressings back and its been approved and in progress so everyone only had a week or fortnights wait to get the vinyl -

Won't be in record stores or on Interpunk etc until June at the earliest..

500 copies, black vinyl, no variants..if we sell enough we will then do a second pressing on coloured vinyl...old school style!

I'm sure you are all aware of VIOLENT ARREST between the awesome 12" on Deranged and the mega double 7" Grave Mistake put out last year... this 12" is going to be equally as great!

:)

Goddamnit Aston, you know what I'm waiting for on Vinyl!!!!

remind me again sir - there are quite a few, aren't there ?? :)

Drive

Beezewax

Great St Louis

Midway Still

Ipanema

New Set Of Bruises

Skimmer

Bitter Pills

We'll start there. Maybe I'm crazy, but Midway Still & Great St Louis sound like slam dunks to me...

remind me again sir - there are quite a few, aren't there ?? :)

Drive

Beezewax

Great St Louis

Midway Still

Ipanema

New Set Of Bruises

Skimmer

Bitter Pills

We'll start there. Maybe I'm crazy, but Midway Still & Great St Louis sound like slam dunks to me...

One on that list looks 95% happening... ;)

I was stupid and didn't buy the Duncan 2xLP. I even remember posting a link here about it being available for pre-order from Interpunk.

Also, I've been listening to the 2010 sampler non-stop for about a week.

Glad you've been liking the sampler Marc! If you are looking for the DUncan 2XLP, i think the only place that may have any copies left of it is Flight 13 in Germany - www.flight13.de - half the pressing went straight out to Germany initially and i think those guys may have some copies left!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i'd update in the same thread rather than have loads of threads hanging around on here!

Violent Arrest 12" tests are back and just waiting on approval of the band, so we should have the order up on our site next week, vinyl back with us in 2 weeks or so...

We'll also be getting preorders up for our May releases - the new album by the legendary HARD ONS called "alfalfa males once summer is done conform or die" and an amazing 21 track CD by the legend that is TV SMITH - "Sparkle In the Mud: Unreleased Songs And Demos Volume 1 : 1979-1983" does exactly what it says on the tin - of the 21 songs, 16 have never been re-recorded or heard ever before!!

After that we have the Instant Singles Collection Vol 3 comp, 6 bands give us a 7" worth of new and exclusive tracks all on one handy cheap price CD.. featuring FORMER CELL MATES, CHILLERTON, BEDFORD FALLS, THE MAGNIFICENT, TEXTBOOK (members of NOISE BY NUMBERS and WOOLWORTHY) and RESTLESS HABS (Pete and Ken from THE UNKNOWN's new band)

Looking further on we shoudl have new albums (on LP and CD!) by GERIATRIC UNIT (ex HERESY) and SPERMBIRDS out late Summer... as well as a very special 20th Anniversary release for the label...

And some other exciting stuff i'll be able to tell folks about soon!

Cheers!

don't understand the request for the drive discog vinyl, isn't all of their released material already on vinyl? i have four 12"s and two 7"s (including the my world 7"), all i know that i'm missing is the grease girls 12", but i'm pretty sure those songs are already on other releases. i don't understand the request, but i would still buy it.

also: POCKET GENIUS NEEDS TO BE PRESSED FUUUUUUUUUU-

don't understand the request for the drive discog vinyl, isn't all of their released material already on vinyl? i have four 12"s and two 7"s (including the my world 7"), all i know that i'm missing is the grease girls 12", but i'm pretty sure those songs are already on other releases. i don't understand the request, but i would still buy it.

Cory contacted me last year to say PG was getting back together again but not heard from him for a while... and I also remember Scott from Discographic (who we did the Drive reissue as a corelease with) telling me at the time that First Strike still had unsold copies of the original vinyl pressings on Drive which is why it never has been planned to be put on vinyl.. not sure what happened to that spare vinyl but i think you can still hunt out unplayed original vinyl pressings from the early 90s!

The only thing i wish (although i wasn't really involved in putting it together at the time) is that we had got the peel sessions tracks from the BBC and put those onto the reissue too!

Just the quickest of updates

VIOLENT ARREST 12" finished stock will arrive with us early next week, will get the preorder up on our site in the next couple of days!

MIDWAY STILL preorders left us on Friday so on their way to everyone (volcanic ash cloud permitting if you ordered outside of the UK!)

Should be announcing some other treats very shortly :-)

is it that foreign of a concept to you for a band with previous vinyl releases to have their music reissued?

is it necessary for you to be such a dick about it?

obviously there is not a large demand for it, so it would be throwing away money to release something when all of the releases can be found for reasonable prices as is.

how am i being a dick? i think you might be a little too sensitive.

not that i even care too much considering my initial mention of a drive disco on vinyl was mostly a joke (since I knew it probably would never happen) ... but there are plenty of reasons to reissue / repackage a discography of a band (even if you can still find their stuff used at reasonable prices) ...

a reissue can spark up some new interest, get people into a band they may have never heard of before (let alone try to track down the bands back catalog used). i have my fair share of drive vinyl too, and while you are right, it is inexpensive, it isn't necessarily littering used bins. there is a difference between scouring ebay and record stores for out of print records, and being able to easily find it all in one place, conveniently packaged with liner notes, etc etc ...

obviously you are right, the demand probably isn't great, but as far as throwing money away ... well that doesn't stop most labels from releasing crap so it's a shame to see it stop a label from releasing something cool.