laptop powercord question

have any of you ever had to replace one? my dog just chewed mine up. the problem im facing, is my sony vaio has 2 model numbers on it. one it actualy on the pc, and the other is on a sticker on the back. im having a hard time trying to find a power cord which will be compatible with both models.

the actual info on the back reads "model PCG-61111L"

while the sticker reads " Model Name: VPC-CW1PFX/U"

anyone?

Guest eriathomas

Same Amp/Watts? It shouldn't be a problem if it's all the same. Check newegg.com out, I think you can find you exact laptop and it should give you a list of stuff you can use on it.

It looks like amazon is selling it for about $20ppd.

if the end connector is okay, you can mail it to me and I can splice the wiring to repair the cord. I won't charge you...just pay for shipping.

I've been fixing computers since 96 and disassembling laptops since about 01.

Go with the laptop model and voltage input to match a replacement.

You may be able to help with this question. How easy is it to replace the spot on the laptop that the cord plugs into? I don't know the technical term...the jack, maybe? The one on my laptop has gone bad, as we determined after buying a new power cord.

Guest eriathomas

Not very easy, since the inside of a laptop is one solid piece, you can't just replace the PSU like in a PC. I'm not sure how hard it's be to solder one in or something.

You may be able to help with this question. How easy is it to replace the spot on the laptop that the cord plugs into? I don't know the technical term...the jack, maybe? The one on my laptop has gone bad, as we determined after buying a new power cord.

That requires resoldering the actual jack. I've (successfully) done it a couple times. Sometimes it's very simple (soldering a broken joint) and other times the actual circuit board is toast.

If you know how to turn a screw driver, are careful and methodical, and know how to use a good soldering iron then I believe anyone can do it.