Norma Jean - Redeemer Pic disc Question...

I bought a copy of the Redeemer Pic Disc on eBay the other day, The dude said it was a test press, which I don't believe, but I was stoked to have a copy of this to listen to while I gather the cash to buy the box set eventually.

I am more thinking it is just a copy of the Pic Disc and dude wrote on the sleeve to sell it, as I was sure that the Test Presses came in a Box Set the same as the regular LP's.

It came in a white sleeve like the pic below:

[image]

The only thing that got me thinking, is there are gaps in between the songs (as in between the first 2 songs, there is a 2 second gap between A Grand Scene and Blueprints), and I was wondering if all copies are like this?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Cheers.

Craigos.

People have been throwing single disc from this boxset on ebay for awhile and they all claim they are from vinyl collective contest and such but its just very sketchy to only have/sell 1 piece to a boxset. No matter how cheap it was it was probably a bad investment. I, like many people here have a few VC test presses and the writing on this looks different.

but if you're happy then that's all that matters.

People have been throwing single disc from this boxset on ebay for awhile and they all claim they are from vinyl collective contest and such but its just very sketchy to only have/sell 1 piece to a boxset. No matter how cheap it was it was probably a bad investment. I, like many people here have a few VC test presses and the writing on this looks different.

but if you're happy then that's all that matters.

That's the joys of eBay I guess ;D

I had the box set, crashed a car, sold all my records and I am now playing catch up (still about $1000 behind getting my collection back just what it was), but I'll get there again.

I just wanted this LP to listen to, and I hate Pic Discs anyway, They sound terrible...

Don't be so sure about this dude.

I have a test press of this too that I got straight from VC, and it too is also a pic disc in a sleeve, #'d out of 20.

So this should be legit, unless Virgil was the one ripping people off, which doesn't seem too likely. He should weigh in on this for confirmation I guess.

It did seem odd to me when I got mine that the test press was the actual pic disc...the rest of the bos set "test presses" have all the inner labels and stuff too which was also strange.

Sounds like you got ripped off.

I wouldn't say that, it was really cheap and it is my fav NJ record, so as I said, nice to have until I get the box set, then it can be passed on to someone else... I was more interested in the gaps between the songs.

my favorite one as well. I only bought the set for it

Guest Admin

that photo is of a legit test pressing. The test pressings for the picture discs are in fact picture discs, but why someone sold it separate from the box set is just weird. But yes, I can confirm that the handwriting on the dust sleeve matches the handwriting on my other test pressings from this set. On the non picture disc records, we wrote on the labels.

that photo is of a legit test pressing. The test pressings for the picture discs are in fact picture discs, but why someone sold it separate from the box set is just weird. But yes, I can confirm that the handwriting on the dust sleeve matches the handwriting on my other test pressings from this set. On the non picture disc records, we wrote on the labels.

Well Virgil, You just made my night mate.

Cheers for the conversation peeps!