Vinyl Collector of the Day, Ray Harkins

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Today, we bring you our Vinyl Collector of the Day, Ray Harkins. That name might sound familiar to you for any number of reasons. I first met Ray (virtually) when he was playing in Goodfellow Recording artist, Taken. I finally got the opportunity to meet Ray in person at this past year's SxSw. Ray has since played in other bands (Mikoto) and made the leap to music mogul when he ran Abacus Recordings. Abacus was started by Century Media but was later just absorbed by the parent company. Ray continued working for Century Media until recently when he took a job at Peta. Ray is a board member of the Vinyl Cooperative label. Throughout all of these endeavors, Ray has been an avid vinyl collector. He recently submitted his answers for Vinyl Collector of the Day and I am glad to bring it to you today.

Read on as Ray discusses why he collects vinyl, his most prized records, records he would love to see pressed, and out of print records he would love to own.

Click the link to read Ray's feature. If you are interested in submitting your own Vinyl Collector of the Day feature, click here http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/05/26/are-you-vinyl-collectives-vinyl-collector-of-the-week/ . By the way, that is a pretty darn cute photo Ray (hopefully those puppies know how to respect those records on the bottom shelves.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/06/01/vinyl-collector-of-the-day-ray-harkins/