The Gamits "Parts" 2 be co-released w/ Paper & Pla

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

We are proud to announce that The Gamits' new album not only has a new title, "Parts", it has a new partner. "Parts" will be co-released by Paper and Plastick, the label owned and operated by Vinnie Fiorello (of Less Than Jake). Our good friend Matt Yonker (of Teen Idols/Bullets to Broadway) reminded us that Vinnie was a big fan of the Gamits and he originally suggested the possiblity of doing a split 7" with Bullets to Broadway on Paper and Plastick. As the discussion continued, it was proposed that Paper and Plastick be involved with the release of The Gamits' new album.

Vinnie said of the Gamits, ".. Antidote came out and it caused a tidal wave in my music collection. It eclipsed every other cd in its way - I fell in love with the band all over again - it took all the hooks from their previous records and mixed it with tension and depression- all the things mixing in my head at the time. The Gamits always have been a gem among the music i own and when I had the chance to help out with the new record, how could I not jump at the chance to work with a band that has been my soundtrack..."

We are honored to be able to work with Vinnie and Paper and Plastick. "Parts" is going to blow you away.

The Gamits have finished recording their new album and we expect to have it out in October. The Gamits will be playing their first show in over 5 years on Friday, August 6th and the Bluebird Theater with Only Thunder (one of their last shows) .

You can listen to The Gamits "Antidote" in our listening station http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/listening-station/

Guest Admin
So are you doing the CD and Vinnie doing the vinyl?

Paper and Plastick will be doing most of the manufacturing and distribution on it, but we will have an exclusive color as well as CDs and will help promote the release.

Guest Admin
Really looking forward to this release and their show on the 6th.

devin, we are gonna do a happy hour at Lost Lake before the august 6th show and play the new album in its entirety. you should come.

Guest Admin
you should tell them to do a show beerfest weekend

considering they are playing the 2 weekends before that weekend, it might not happen.