the evens yesterday at fort reno

so yesterday was one of the cooler days in my time here in dc. i've been seeing ian mackaye walking around casually and at different events throughout the city since i've been here. i finally got to see him in action yesterday with his wife, the evens. i've never listened to any of their stuff on record. but it didn't take away from the night. fort reno has been going on for 45 years. its a free summer concert series put on by ian's sister, amanda. all local talent hand picked by her. this was the first time in 2 1/2 years they have played live. ian's friend henry rollins came out to support. pics got kinda stretched sending them thru email. just chillin setting up the stage.

[image]

and here with the evens on, rollins sitting there to the right. i was pleasantly surprised with their sound. his wife is a really good drummer. a lotta songs about the city, obviously, which was neat.

[image]

overall a really neat experience, with a lot of history attached. i don't think i'll see something like this again.