The Energy's First Album - 2nd Pressing

The Energy's First Album LP

2nd Press limited to 300

www.teamsciencerecords.com

Stream two songs: http://www.deadcitysound.com/theenergy/

A few months ago we released a LP from a band based out of Houston comprised of members of : No Talk, Bloody Hammer, and Secret Prostitutes. The response has been more than I anticipated and were glad to have the records back in print.

[image]

The fine people at Night Owl's printing printed this run of jackets and they look awesome - http://www.nightowlsprint.com/

New reviews in recent issues of: Razorcake, MRR.

THE ENERGY-The Energy's First Album (Team Science, LP)

You look at the front cover and see the abstract collage drawing and it could lead you to believe that it's going to be some kind of psychedelic revival. But the dagger through the bird on the back cover quickly dispels that notion. They don't sound like Discharge, either, by the way. Ever hear the expression murder ballad? Well, let's call the songs here attempted-murder non-ballads. No ballads, just jittery, edgy rock accompanied by near deadpan vocals that still manage to be expressive. Maybe it's the matter-of-fact delivery for such songs as "I'm Gonna Cut You To Pieces," "Stabbing In The Dark" or "Drugged Skull On The Jagged Rocks" that make things even more chilling. No musical chill, though--it's a jabbing, chaotic sound. "Destroy Imagination" introduces the affair with six plus minutes of stop/start/surging delirium--just when you think the song is over, it comes back for another round. Maybe it is somewhat psychedelic, if you're thinking bad trip--perhaps the squall for "Girls Don't Like Me" might indicate that kind of experience. Some garage inspirations, as well, such as "Perfectly Possessed," with a single note piano plink joining the fray. "I Won't Let You Waste Me" is dense and raucous with searing guitar lines bubbling up through the rhythmic slash. A sonic dagger puncturing the skull.

-http://subvox.blogspot.com/2010/08/suburban-voice-blog-88.html

http://dontbuyrecords.blogspot.com/ -

The Energy - The Energy's First Album Lp (Team Science) (15,- Euro)

The Energy blew me away the first time I heard them. These guys hail from Houston, Texas and one of 'm does time in both the Secret Prostitutes and No Talk. Apart from that and these bands being pretty damn great, the Energy doesn't have much in common with their fellow Houstonians though. They are doing something quite unique actually. The guitar player delivers a fair share of guitar magic on this platter at times laying down multiple tracks. There's some near psychedelic doodling going on. Although the emphasis of the music is definitely on close to constant guitar soloing both the bass and skins come through nicely as well. The singer sounds distant, confused and lost, but at the same time I get the feeling as if he could care less. He seems to be beyond everything.. His lyrics are intelligible throughout the entire record and range from strange to downright frightening. I'm a total sucker for lines like "Your happines makes me sick/ like baby birds/ chirping for mom and dad/ to bring new worms." The Energy deliver eight songs on this Lp of which the third even clocks in over eight minutes and unlike "We Will Fall" on the first Stooges Lp doesn't bore me senseless. I appreciate this record more with every spin I give it and keep hearing new stuff each and every time. Highly recommended.

Thanks