America and gigs

kieran

Im trying to find out what shows are going on while im over in the USA. What websites are worth checking for gig guides and the like.

Im going to be in San Fran from the 30th of August until the 4th of September and Seattle on the 5th and then im back to Seattle between the 19th and 22nd if that helps at all.

Might sound a bit odd to spend a few nights at some shows while there are probably better more touristy things to be doing but whenever I have been traveling I always make a point to check out a few shows as its always different to seeing shows over here. Plus it usually has the bonus of getting to see some more local bands to.

Thanks!

Question although I would feel really odd just turning up to a house without knowing anyone how easy is it to get from San Fran to Oakland using public transport? I will google it when I have time just dont have time to check right now.

really easy, depending on where in SF you are. Theres a subway type thing that goes from SF to Oakland in about 20-30 minutes and the subway station is a block or two from the house. Also its not awkward, I go alone a lot its not e\ven bad at all.