Best Record Shops in Seattle and Vancouver?

I'd def recommend going to Sonic Boom in Capitol Hill and Ballard. Easy Street wasn't bad, but used section a bit disappointing IMO. Everyday Music was closed/relocating the last time I was up there, but the Portland ones usually have a huge selection of new and used LPs. I've heard there are places in Renton and Tacoma as well.

Go to Bumbershoot.

Come to my shop and buy coffee, beer and records or be killed.

I shall be. I looked through the website you had me when I saw coffee and records in the same establishment. Will probably have to wait until I get back from fieldwork around the northwest through as I dont fancey carting records around with me.

I lived there for 4 years and only shopped at Singles Going Steady for the most part, because it was a block from my apt. It's a little intimidating at first, but once you get to know the guys it's a great place to shop. if you go to Singles, go across the street to Shorty's that's a rad bar with pinball, beer, hot dogs, and punk rock turned way up. It's like being in your living room, if you have pinball. Sonic Boom i would really only go for the in-stores, never really to buy because they never really had anything I wanted. They support the local bands so that's cool. Wish I had a record store I could bring my bands releases to and leave on consignment. Singles used to have a killer ebay store too, but I can't find it for some reason so here's the yelp reviews with everyone saying they found something they thought they'd never find. That's the kind of store Singles is...http://www.yelp.com/biz/singles-going-steady-seattle

I hate that Singles Going Steady isn't the #1 answer for Seattle like it used to be. The decline in prestige of that store bums me out. There was a time when that would be the first and sometimes only name out of someones mouth for this sort of question.

I think a lot of people forget about it because of the neighborhood it's in. Belltown is the absolute worst for bros/bro fights all the time. That being said, I think more of the well-known bigger stores have started to carry more punk. Singles is still really awesome though.

I hate that Singles Going Steady isn't the #1 answer for Seattle like it used to be. The decline in prestige of that store bums me out. There was a time when that would be the first and sometimes only name out of someones mouth for this sort of question.

I think a lot of people forget about it because of the neighborhood it's in. Belltown is the absolute worst for bros/bro fights all the time. That being said, I think more of the well-known bigger stores have started to carry more punk. Singles is still really awesome though.

Yeah I've heard that about Belltown now too. A shame that it has spilled over to 2nd. 1st was always shitty. I miss Seattle but I'm realizing I miss Seattle of 10 years ago. The one that got torn down for condos...some of which never even got built.

Well...that's one way of doin it. Yelp isn't quite like a message board, I've found. Its mainly used by various kinds of people to figure out where to go and you sort of want to at least appear as welcoming as possible. There isnt much you can do about unfair reviews by unreasonable people but ive found that It's best not to antagonize. You do your doo however you want to but from an outside perspective you came out looking worse than the customers...who I'm sure were annoying. I'm in no way saying suck up to shitty customers but watch out for scaring off others by getting in to it with the bad ones.

Yeah I'm completely aware of the fact that it's a bad business practice for about 95% of businesses. But it has brought me new customers based solely on the Yelp page. Last week I got an email from some lady saying that she had never been in before but will now make a point to just because of the honesty and humor in my shit talking. Most people seem to think it's hilarious and see that all the other responses say how much they love the shop.

Plus the publicity that I and the shop get in Seattle has been completely awesome. All the newspapers, blogs, weeklies and everything else are super supportive. I appreciate the input and realize that it's ALMOST always a bad business practice and most times doesn't do anything but hurt the business, but it's been completely opposite for me.

I love everything about singles going steady. i would spend ours there. loved the smell, the music blasting and flipping through 45s. really wanted some bootleg ramones vhs that was like $55(no idea why it was so expensive other than it being a german booteg) sitting in the case and every week for six months asked whatever guy if i could get it for $20, then $21, then $22 etc. he finally relented, one day i walked in to get Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes and he's like, it's your lucky day! He was gonna give it to me for $20? sweet! NOPE! Even sweeter he just gave it to me because someone brought in a used one he was gonna sell as new or something. I love that store. They had quite the ebay store too. I'd guess selling close to 50,000 items i think and must have made mad loot off that, can't seem to find the ebay store anymore. they always had good stuff.