Release Year: Fairlanes/Digger split

I'm going through my vinyl list on Google Docs and updating some entries, and I don't have the release year for the Fairlanes/Digger split (SH 004) -- anyone here still know anything about the old stuff?

Also, while digging around for that release date I came across the Suburban Home pressing info page, which I had never seen before. I found a lot of good info there I hadn't had in my spreadsheet -- but what really got my attention is the Gamits' Endorsed By You record was pressed on blue vinyl? I had no idea! For years I thought my Gamits collection was complete, but now I'm missing something that I fear I might never see available anywhere.

Now this is a longshot, I know, but does anyone here have one they'd be willing to sell or trade? Or, failing that, could anyone post some pictures of it or offer up any more info on the record? Would love to see it, I've been a Gamits and Suburban Home aficionado since 1999 and can't believe I never knew about this.

Thanks!

center label says 1997...

Thanks! Don't have access to part of my collection right now, it's in storage.

Did some searching about the Gamits blue pressing and say another thread started about that record just a few days ago -- is the blue vinyl really sought after around here for Gamits fans, or does it rarely come up? Just wondering if I'll ever get a chance to see one or purchase one...

Man, that's just the kinda blue I was hoping it would be. Looks good with the cover, thanks for the picture!

For all these years I thought after I'd gotten the Come Get Some 7" that there was nothing more I could get from the Gamits, but there she is. Maybe some day one will make it's way onto the eBay...

• 4 weeks later...
A blue copy just sold on Ebay for 8.99 at a BUY IT Now price!!!!! I'm guessing that person had no idea what they were selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170544715094&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

No disrespect meant here, but it's not like this is a rare Misfits record (or insert band with weird rare and expensive records) where they didn't know what they had...it's a rare, but valueless record.

There's a thousand bands from every city that have old rare records that are impossible to find, but are completely valueless...this is one of those records. Color Vinyl or not there's probably dozens of these out in the world that have been sitting in dusty record shops for a decade that the stores couldn't give away if they wanted to.

If that ebay seller had put that LP up for $49.99 as a buy it now, they would never have sold it.

A blue copy just sold on Ebay for 8.99 at a BUY IT Now price!!!!! I'm guessing that person had no idea what they were selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170544715094&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

No disrespect meant here, but it's not like this is a rare Misfits record (or insert band with weird rare and expensive records) where they didn't know what they had...it's a rare, but valueless record.

There's a thousand bands from every city that have old rare records that are impossible to find, but are completely valueless...this is one of those records. Color Vinyl or not there's probably dozens of these out in the world that have been sitting in dusty record shops for a decade that the stores couldn't give away if they wanted to.

If that ebay seller had put that LP up for $49.99 as a buy it now, they would never have sold it.

I think you're severely underestimating the band and their fans (which you're obviously not). It went up and was sold in less then a few hours. The one that was on ebay back in April sold for $30 and the only reason it didn't sell for more is because people didn't notice it until it was too late (myself included). When I contacted the seller and asked if he would cancel the auction and sell it to me for $40, he told me that I was the second person to make that same offer. So, I'll agree that a buy it now of $49.99 might sit for a while, but it would certainly sell and a lot faster than you might think.

I'm not even sure I understand your logic or why you would post what you did? Collectibles are only worth what people will pay for them. So it sounds to me like you just wanted to voice your opinion that a limited pressing of a Gamits record isn't worth anything to YOU. Great, who cares?! I payed $40 for my copy, so I guess that makes it a $40 record. As you mentioned, there are plenty of obscure limited release local bands who's records aren't worth the material they are printed on, but you can't say that all smaller scale bands don't have a high collectible value.

i think like most other bands, the market ebbs and flows. two years ago, most people may not have cared about a gamits record. hell, i picked up their first ep in a dollar bin, but now that they have this new record out, people are bound to be more interested in picking up/getting rid of their older releases for their collections or for profit.

i think like most other bands, the market ebbs and flows. two years ago, most people may not have cared about a gamits record. hell, i picked up their first ep in a dollar bin, but now that they have this new record out, people are bound to be more interested in picking up/getting rid of their older releases for their collections or for profit.

I guess upon re-reading my ebay post, I did make it sound like I thought it was absolutely nuts that the record went for that cheap. I don't think it's crazy that it sold for that much, I just think it would have easily sold for 2 or 3 times as much if they had listed it as an auction instead of buy it now.

Alas, it was I who purchased that thar white whale! And ritterkills, it was also I who was the mysterious first person upon the grassy knoll to offer that eBay seller a larger sum of money for the blue vinyl a few months ago! It was all me! Someone you've never heard of!

I agree with the poster who said, without disrespect to the Gamits, that this record is essentially valueless. While although the best band formed by humans on any planet anywhere, the Gamits will most assuredly not be on VH1s Storytellers anytime soon. I would have paid any number of doll hairs to acquire this record, as this band is solely responsible for far too much of my musical taste and memory. And because of that, this record is extremely valuable... to nerds.

Yes, I am a big Gamits collector. Been following the band ever since late 1999, but only came into the vinyl hobby around six years ago, which has made the acquisition of records I could have purchased back during high school at a show, rather difficult. My apologies to those of you who missed out on the last one and this most recent one as well, but rest assured that the prized piece has gone to a victor worthy of her bright blue spoils. I shall think of you all when I slide the record in a taught plastic sleeve, where it will then be placed in a hermetically sealed vault never to be seen or touched again.

Now I was under the impression I had every Gamits release ever up until learning of that gem this past year, so of course now I'm even positiver I have them all. Are there any Gamits collectors here who can back-up this completionists' discography:

Vinyl--

Come Get Some 7"- ? on black

Endorsed By You LP - 100 on blue, 400 on black

CD--

This Is My Boomstick EP

Endorsed By You

A Small Price to Pay EP

Come Get Some EP

Rose Harbor Anthems

Leaps and Bounds

Antidote (Both white and silver pressings)

Golden Sometimes

Parts