South Florida Reggae

Hey friends

I'm considering putting out some vinyl for a local reggae band, but after reading the "how to" thread I'm having doubts as to my ability to sell it one it gets pressed.

In general, I trust the ears of the people on this board. If any of you could give the two tracks on their myspace a listen, and provide some feedback, I would really appreciate it.

http://www.myspace.com/officialcommonground

Thanks,

Thomas

Guest kylewilliam

make sure you know your market, do the people who go to their shows like vinyl? have you done that research? if their fans are bro jocks and hippie chicks, theyre not going to buy an LP, hell they may not know what one is... they'll think its a calendar...

hey, maybe you can just make calendars?

No one in Ft. Myers buys reggae vinyl, mon.

exactly.

which is why i would have to shoot for internet promotion and sales. and possibly distros, although interpunk is really the only one i can think of who would be interested in carrying this type of music.

any distros you guys can suggest for me to send demos, to see if they'd be interested in carrying it?

Not to be a debbie downer or a jerk at all, but I'd say there's almost no chance that you'd get rid of any of these. Not a lot of people are looking for white boy reggae with turntables on vinyl, and this band appears to be fairly unknown. While it's not my thing, I'm not trying to demean the music at all. It's just that most people who listen to that type of music that I've encountered are very casual music listeners.