Photo: The Gamits "Parts" endcap display at Tower

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

While this photo may think you have gone back in time when bands like No Use for a Name, Rufio, and The Gamits were actively putting out records and Tower Records still existed, this photo was just from the other day. Punk in ya Face (the Gamits' Japanese label) sent over a photo of an endcap display at Tower Japan. Tower Japan separated themselves from the U.S. entity and is still going strong.

The Gamits are actually gearing up for what should be an incredible tour of Japan and Russia. They absolutely rocked it at our Anniversary weekend despite Scott Weigel having food poisoning and projectile vomiting on stage!

Have you listened to the album? Stream it here; and make sure you pick up the Plaid colored vinyl from us as we are nearly sold out.

I'm always surprised how well CD sales still are in Japan.

Does the Gamits record have any Japanese bonus tracks?

The album doesn't have any bonus tracks, but the gamits have a handful of tracks they plan to finish for other releases.

it's weird, in the 90's vinyl sales in japan were huge and when I used to go visit disc union, it was like finding a treasure chest of leatherface and killer punk records in mint condition. I bet the stores still have lots of great used vinyl, but I can tell you that vinyl sales in japan are just not there these days. It is weird.

Nice to know. I hope to see some 7"s soon!

Virgil, I know this doesn't have to do with the Gamits, but have you talked to Tom on using his remasters for Stay Asleep?

i haven't yet, can you email me his info?