An Interview With Suburban Home’s Virgil Dickerson

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Photo by Rachel Hirschey

An Interview With Suburban Home Records’ Virgil Dickerson [small Doggies]

http://www.smalldoggiesmagazine.com/features/interviews/record-label-owner-virgil-dickerson-suburban-home-records/

A very good friend of mine, Matt Ferner, recently did an in depth interview with yours truly about the label, punk rock (in Colorado), the future of the label, how things have changed over the past 15 years, my favorite all time albums and favorite all time punk albums, and a whole lot more. This is definitely the most in depth interview I have ever participated in. If you have ever been interested about any aspect of me starting Suburban Home and Vinyl Collective, this is as close to a source as anything out there.

A few things to point out. The photo was taken by UC Advocate Photographer, Rachel Hirschey. It was her beat up records and her idea for me to hold them the way that they are being held. I told her I that I was certain I would get some shit for handling the records. Another thing, while flattering, I think Matt thinks much more highly of Suburban Home's involvement with Colorado punk rock than actually happened. It is always an honor to be interviewed and I really enjoyed answering all of Matt's questions. Thanks Matt!

You must really want to put out something by Iron Chic, having mentioned them twice in the same sentence! ;)

didn't realize I did that. I love that record so much. I really can't stop listening to it. I was thinking about asking them if they might want to do an under the influence. what do you think?

Do it! I'm also impressed by how many records you can hold in one hand.

trust me that I felt really silly holding records like that in the middle of a busy college campus. Students were walking by wondering why the fat Asian guy was having his photos taken and how much I paid to have the photos taken.

Guest markovianprocess
You must really want to put out something by Iron Chic, having mentioned them twice in the same sentence! ;)

didn't realize I did that. I love that record so much. I really can't stop listening to it. I was thinking about asking them if they might want to do an under the influence. what do you think?

Definitely go for it, that would be awesome. Especially if you could pair them with a band like Rumspringer. Actually, a Rumspringer/Iron Chic Under The Influence record would blow my mind!

i don't want to be a dick or anything, but since you put your own name in the title, i was kind of expecting/hoping that all questions would be answered in the third person, ex:

"When Virgil was a freshman in college, Virgil entered the University of Colorado as a hip hop/R&B kid."

you should start referring to yourself in the third person.