Photos of Ghost “Opus Eponymous” LP

Got this in the mail from Amazon today. Heard about Ghost on omgvinyl.com and thought they sounded interesting, then found the LP cheap on Amazon so figured I'd order. It showed up today, and I got the purple /300 from them. Listening to it now I think it might be one of the best records I own. It's really good. Melodic rock, that somewhat sounds 'old'. Hard to describe. Some photos here:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

This is what OMGvinyl.com said about it:

"It’s hard to know what to think about Ghost, their background is strange, to say the least. They are kept a complete secret with anonymous members and painted faces/costumed bodies live (check their MySpace out). The other weird thing is that they are being marketed as black metal, when in actuality, their music sounds like the anything-but-black early days of metal. It’s not heavy, it’s not dark. It’s also not bad, but like I said, it’s just hard to know what to think about the way they are being presented. That being said, the new LP on Rise Above is limited to 400 copies on solid blue vinyl and 400 copies on clear/black speckled vinyl for £16. You can also buy the “die-hard” edition which comes on heavy black vinyl, has an edition of 300, includes a poster and patch, and costs £24. Visit RiseAboveRecords.com."

http://www.omgvinyl.com/2010/11/25/ghost-opus-eponymous-lp/

oh i thought this was going to be about a relase i was unfamiliar with by the japanese band ghost that is great and has been around forever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_%281984_band%29

if bands are going to be serious, they really should pick unique names.

And don't forget Chicago's own The Ghost.