Help put out the next ALARM

oakland

I know how people are about this sort of thing, but I ask you to think it over. ALARM doesn't make a lot (read: any) money with each of its books. They are created by people who love music, art and all that happy horse shit. I am one of those people, and have been proud to be a part of what ALARM does for the past I-don't-know-how-many years. I think it's one of the smartest music publications around, and this issue is my last as I have retired from journalism. I wrote stories about XBXRX and the amazing Nathan Bell (Lungfish, etc.). Good stories and a great concept for a book. Read on ... and thanks (or fuck you) in advance.

"The next ALARM book is called Chromatic: The Crossroads of Color and Music. It's about independent musicians and artists who are exploring color in unorthodox ways, and we're really psyched about it.

We were so excited to put it together, in fact, that the finished product ended up at nearly 400 pages of full-color art and editorial. But because it turned out so much larger than originally planned, we need some help to send it to print. As of today, we have launched a pre-order and fund-raising campaign on Kickstarter.com, one of the world's biggest fund-raising websites for creative projects.

Here's the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/968547338/chromatic-the-crossroads-of-color-and-music

It's becoming impossible to do the three month thing. They will make it right with you. What I mean is you'll get all that you paid for. It just gets harder and more expensive to created a printed publication almost weekly. But this issue is worth the wait, I assure you.

I'm not worried, I just liked the issue I have a lot and would be bummed if this didn't get funded. So many good articles in one book was a nice change of pace.