Is this excessive? (re: username Rawkuout)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread reminds me of how much this board sucks now. It also reminds me to not sell anything to anyone here I don't know, because they'll chase me around the Internet and threaten to call my mom.

oh, fuck off. The kid ignored me for months.

You're an impatient, coddled and probably spoiled child who runs around the Internet threatening to tell on people because your $21 game didn't arrive quickly enough. You have 45 days to file a Paypal claim. Use the tools at your disposal before playing super sleuth and making threats.

You're an impatient, coddled and probably spoiled child who runs around the Internet threatening to tell on people because your $21 game didn't arrive quickly enough. You have 45 days to file a Paypal claim. Use the tools at your disposal before playing super sleuth and making threats.

Man, you're a tool.

Man, you're a tool.

Aw. I'm just speaking the truth, man. Things happen with the mail. Things take time. I've had enough people complain about not getting records two days after they pay that I've determined this board is collectively a bunch of impatient children.

Have you read the thread? I was patient to the point that the 45 day period passed. He has logged in daily and ignored emails/PMs for months. How much longer should I wait when he clearly won't reply?

Also, chuck, you opened yourself up to this criticism by starting a thread called "Is this excessive?"

Criticism is fine, but your post hardly qualified. In fact, based on feedback, I even apologized to this awful seller.

Man, you're a tool.

Aw. I'm just speaking the truth, man. Things happen with the mail. Things take time. I've had enough people complain about not getting records two days after they pay that I've determined this board is collectively a bunch of impatient children.

Yeah, a couple of days is certainly different than a couple of months.

Man, you're a tool.

I've had plenty of problems with the post office and would have taken his word for it. I've already explained that.

And we're not talking about two days, but almost three months. Go whine about the "good ol' days" elsewhere.

Yeah, a couple of days is certainly different than a couple of months.

I agree. But that's why Paypal offers protection for buyers. It's there to use. But you can't say "I'm so patient I didn't file a claim" and then go off the rails and threaten to dime someone out to their friends, family and girlfriends and expect people to take you seriously.

I've had plenty of problems with the post office and would have taken his word for it. I've already explained that.

And we're not talking about two days, but almost three months. Go whine about the "good ol' days" elsewhere.

Yes. I'm the whiner here.

Hate to break it to you, but stomping your feet and crying isn't going to get you everything you want in life. It's a hard lesson, but best to learn it now while you're young so you're not completely blindsided by it once you're older.

ITT:

OP asks if the crazy thing he did was crazy.

some people assure him that yes, that crazy thing you did was crazy and to stop doing crazy things or people might think you're crazy.

OP is not open to the idea that he did something crazy and tells those people to take his side or gtfo.

derp?

ITT:

some people assure him that yes, that crazy thing you did was crazy and to stop doing crazy things or people might think you're crazy.

OP is not open to the idea that he did something crazy and tells those people to take his side or gtfo.

derp?

And this is why I adore you!

ITT:

derp?

This seems to be the consensus, so I do regret saying that to him. Again, though, any message would have been nothing more than what I posted earlier: "Hey, Jeremy owes me $21 blah blah blah can you help me get in touch with him, because he's been unresponsive." I don't think that's necessarily inappropriate, but I guess I'm wrong.

So, rawkuout, I'm sorry for threatening to contact family or friends. I promise that any message would have been as level-headed as the one above; I'm well aware I would have otherwise come off as a "crazy person" as other posters have pointed out. I'll reiterate, though, that your two months of silence is entirely unjustifiable.

Hate to break it to you, but stomping your feet and crying isn't going to get you everything you want in life. It's a hard lesson, but best to learn it now while you're young so you're not completely blindsided by it once you're older.

Aside from the threat to contact people he knows--for which I've apologized--are my complaints really unjustified? Regardless, I don't think my behavior's been so extreme that it could be characterized as "stomping my feet and crying."

ITT:

derp?

He didn't do anything excessive. He made an idle threat to tell his family members that he was a cheat. Shit.

Also, bring it back to /b/ this shit is serious business.

So essentially what you're saying is that he should do something other than complain on the internet (when he clearly has no other recourse) and that we shouldn't trust anyone on this site because we'll be blindsided.

Gotcha.

So essentially what you're saying is that he should do something other than complain on the internet (when he clearly has no other recourse) and that we shouldn't trust anyone on this site because we'll be blindsided.

Gotcha.

I like you.

Aside from the threat to contact people he knows--for which I've apologized--are my complaints really unjustified? Regardless, I don't think my behavior's been so extreme that it could be characterized as "stomping my feet and crying."

Honestly, I don't think your complaints are unjustified, I just disagree with your methods. And, yeah, stomping and crying may have been a bit harsh, but this board really has changed over the past couple of years and the amount of complaint threads is getting really obnoxious.

Gotcha.

He can do whatever he wants, but should also expect what comes with it. And, really, if you look at it, what did complaining on the Internet accomplish? Does he have the game? Does he have the $21?

Honestly, I don't think your complaints are unjustified, I just disagree with your methods. And, yeah, stomping and crying may have been a bit harsh, but this board really has changed over the past couple of years and the amount of complaint threads is getting really obnoxious.

Understood.

He can do whatever he wants, but should also expect what comes with it. And, really, if you look at it, what did complaining on the Internet accomplish? Does he have the game? Does he have the $21?

Well, if nothing else, people know not to buy from rawkuout, especially if he refuses to correct this situation.