Southern Western USA

cmo

Hey all, I'm about to embark on a road trip that will take me from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon, Vegas to Coachella then to LA for a day before flying home to Toronto.

Is there anything along the way that you would recommend? I've done some research and found some points of interest but I'm also looking for a bit off the beaten path.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks amigos!

not sure how much time you have to spend in AZ, but as you head north from Phoenix, the scenery gets prettier and prettier. depends on what you're into as well, but as far as scenic places, Jerome is awesome; its an old ghost town with one main road and siiiick views. Old hotels, an old bar, killer pizza place, highly recommended. Flagstaff is also awesome, especially this time of the year. It's a college town, but a lot more laid back than the people in/around Phoenix that go to ASU; again, really pretty scenery, awesome food, and awesome people. If you had an extra day or two, I would recommend going for a hike into Fossil Creek or Wet Beaver Creek. Beautiful swimming spots and probably some of my favorite spots in the state, for the sheer fact that parts of it are not the barren desert people sometimes associate Arizona with. I LOVE living in Arizona and would love to give some more recommendations if you're looking for something specific to do!