Anyone here have experience with Polycut/lathes?

i've wanted to use them for a while...my friend inquired once and the guy said there was no hidden charges or anything, which is pretty sweet. wouldn't recommend Single Piece Slate because they have a serious overbooking problem, and take forever to answer emails. i wanted to get a sample a while back, took like 3 months before i got a refund.

Guest markovianprocess

I'll let you know, I just sent off payment yesterday for a super limited run of 10 7''s with Polycut to check out the quality.

They got back to me quick enough with a quote.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I registered an account here simply because of how mad I am at Poly-cut and don't want other people to fall for this scam.

I placed an order in early December, was promised my lathes by late January, but they never arrived and I would only get excuses. Finally, months later I managed to badger Tommie into giving me a refund.

Unfortunately, my friend also placed an order and it's been 6 months and Tommie refuses to give a refund and keeps having excuses about the lathes.

I have heard of ONE person who received his order. Another friend of mine bought one and it was unplayable, the needle wouldn't stay in a groove.

AVOID

Guest markovianprocess

Was I the person you heard about that received his order? I ordered 10 lathes specifically for a show last month and they were delivered within about 5 weeks of ordering, including shipping time to the UK.

• 1 month later...

I am new one here and I want to share my awful past with polycut...

I placed an order in early 2011... we are talking about 2-3 copies of 3 different 7"s...

I had no communication apart from some comments about another guy from Greece who according to Tommy sent him some copyright material and threats etc...

Anyway, he said that my order will be ready after a month or two. When I tried to contact him I found no replies untill early summer when he sent me an email telling that his mac crashed (!!!).

He kept avoiding answering my emails and he never refunded me!

make your choice!

Talked to Peter King by phone tonight. Guy is an absolute pleasure to chat with and has a solid system for taking care of business. Also, for anyone curious, his lead to time at the moment is extremely short and he said he could have records back to me in about 3 weeks.

Expect something really cool from Man In Decline Records in December or early January.