New Dirt Cult Releases!

It's been a while since I've been on this message board...trying to taper my internet time. At any rate, I've got several new releases out that some of you might be interested in:

DEFECT DEFECT/DAYLIGHT ROBBERY/FOREIGN OBJECTS - One Sided 12"Okay, okay, so these records aren't technically out yet, but they should be shipping by late August, before I leave for Awesome Fest. Literally, years in the making, this amazing record is finally seeing the light of day! This one-sided 12" featurs two songs each of my three favorite bands in punk rock today. Defect Defect has been around for ages, but really hit their stride with their debut full length released last year by Residue Records. Old school punk featuring members of all your favorite PDX punk bands like The Observers, Austistic Youth, The Minds, etc. As an added bonus, this record features my all time favorite song by the band, People My Age. Daylight Robbery is a great Chicago band that sounds like a modern day X (Los Angeles) without the blues. Foreign Objects should be farmiliar to those of you who have picked up past Dirt Cult Releases. Female fronted punk rock, like Kathlene Hannah fronting Black Flag.

LIBYANS/GOD EQUALS GENOCIDE - Split 7"This is the long awaited split 7" that should have been completed years ago. The A side contains three new songs by Los Angeles trio God Equals Genocide. After a handful of 7"s and splits on Razorcake and Dirt Cult Records GEG returns with their strongest batch of songs. This recording is their most polished to date, but doesn'ft lack the same buzzy guitars and overdriven vocals that you've come to love from these three. On the flip side Boston band, Libyans come back with their most recent effort since their full length LP on Sorry State Records. They bring three new songs, blurring the lines between early US hardcore and melodic punk ala Dangerhouse Records. This is honestly their best batch of songs to date in my opinion and I;ve loved ever single release they've done. This record is released in an edition of 500 7's, all pressed on black vinyl and housed in a glue pocket with each bands lyrics printed on the records inner sleeve. Split release with Shock to the System Records. Punk fucking rock!

BRICKFIGHT - HARVESTER OF NACHOS tapeAll of Brickfight's proper releases in one convenient package with some amazing cover art. Professionally printed tapes that come with a download code so you can listen to it on your IPod.

In other news, all this stuff is coming very soon:

TURKISH TECHNO - PAST DUE LP (end of August)

SHANG-A-LANG/RUMSPRINGER - Split 7" (early September)

SHIT CREEK - Scene Cred is Our Name 7" (early September)

PEER PRECIOUS - Bless this Mess LP (late September)

CROW BAIT - Three Tickle Guys 7" (late September)

looking forward to shang-a-lang/rumspringer 7"

why no shang-a-lang at the fest again this year?

Thanks! Should be out in a few weeks, hopefully in time for Awesome Fest.

Regarding Fest, I dunno. It's just not something we've really pursued the last few years. We've been doing Awesome Fest and they are pretty close together (it's really difficult for one of our members to ask off weekends lately so we have to be picky). I'd really like to make it back out that way. It's been a few years since we've played the east coast.

the turkish techno lp is one of the best records of the year, and the art looks amazing. beautiful colored vinyl too.

how is that not out yet? i totally have it

It's not out because they are lagging on the inserts and Kyle hasn't sent me the vinyl. I think he's super wrapped up in Awesome Fest planning. Hopefully I'll get them when I'm in San Diego. The wait is killing me!

the turkish techno lp is one of the best records of the year, and the art looks amazing. beautiful colored vinyl too.

how is that not out yet? i totally have it

Ok, just got done talking with Kyle. We're still waiting on inserts. This will be available at Awesome Fest. The official release date will be September 5th (the day it goes up on my site).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the 12" inserts and all orders have shipped. Thanks for your patience if you ordered!

Turkish Techno LPs will be available Monday night.

If your going to Awesome Fest, I'll have 30 copies of the Shang-A-Lang/Rumspringer slpit 7" with limited covers. The real version won't be out for a few weeks...