PO: Low- I Could Live In Hope (1st time on Vinyl)

Don't know if there are many Low fans on this board, but I was pretty stoked on this. However, I've heard mixed feelings about Plain Recording's reissues in that the sound quality blows, lots of crackling and in general way too much high end. Any similar comments?

''Plain Recordings is pleased to announce the release of Low's I Could Live In Hope on LP for the first time ever. Originally released in 1994 on CD only by the Vernon Yard label, I Could Live In Hope is the debut release from Minnesota's slo-core pioneers. Produced by the legendary Kramer, Low's first recordings show a band emerging fully formed with a sound that they carry on to this day. Reissued on 180g double vinyl.''

Preorder here, as well as many other places:

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/low-i-could-live-in-hope-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Low's Long Division was also just rereleased by them.

i wish more original labels, even though they're probably defunct, would seek out doing the vinyl themselves and do it properly. i guess it was a Virgin Records imprint, i'm sure they could give a damn about Low or releasing vinyl. you'd think a band like Low would warrant more vinyl output though. i've been slowly acquiring their back catalog. i've slept on them as a local band for too long :D

the only Plain pressing i have is pretty shit quality (Mr. Bungle "Disco Volante") and could have been so much better, especially as a proper 2xLP. i'm surprised more labels aren't jumping the vinyl bandwagon, but i guess you still need the cash up front to get the ball rolling and most labels don't want to foot the bill.

^ Agreed. I have a feeling if Al knew how much people were paying for Long Division and Curtain on Ebay, there would've been a repress years ago. I gave up on Curtain and have been tracking down 7'' s since. Tons of 'em in England.

Just gave the current pressing of Long Division a listen; really obnoxious distortion at a few parts.. overall poor quality vinyl.

I moved from Duluth, MN to Bergen, Norway a few years back. Apparently Low (+Slint, Codeine, RHP) had a huge impact to their music scene during the early nineties and there are quite a few diehard fans around. Just came as a bit of a shock having the whole local band mentality around them.