Wanted: KMD - Mr. Hood (original Pressing)

dante3000

Figured I'd post something that wasn't Refused or Kid Dynamite related. I've been getting into old MF Doom ever since my friend got me Operation: Doomsday (the Fondle Em' pressing) as a gift. If anyone has any KMD stuff let me know.

I already have:

Black Bastards

What a N*gga Know

And Black Bastards Ruff and Rare.

I'd be interested in buying or trading for any of their other stuff.

i think i have a copy of the repressing of this. it must be a repress cause I got it at a record store sealed within the last two years.

I'm psyched on my Operation: Doomsday LP. Thats the only record I've left sealed.

How can you tell them apart from the repress? I saw some for sale at a record store last year and they looked the same. Pretty sure they had the Fondle Em' logo on the back, which leeds me to believe it was a bootleg. Any idea about that?

The first Mr. Hood was a single vinyl, while the reissues (or at least most I found) have been double vinyl. The double is probably better but as a collector I'd like the original.

For Operation: Doomsday there were two pressings.

The original was on Fondle Em' records. When Fondle Em' went under there was a short repress by Sub-Verse. Both are out of print, but the Fondle Em' is still considered more valuable.

in that case i think there was a bootleg done about 1 year and a half ago. The record store near my place had 5 new copies selling for $20 each. I askied and they said it was probably a bootleg.

The cover art was significantly darker though. I don't know. Pretty positive I have a first pressing (because I had it a while before this, and the colours are quite different)