Russian Circles tour

aweaver

Saw them in Columbus last Thursday. Performance was flawless. They started their set by playing the first track from each of their albums. Those are the songs that I've heard the most at this point so I would have liked to hear some of their other songs. Fortunately, the second half of their set made up for it.

Deafheaven is pretty awesome if you can get past the very Aryan looking frontman.

if you're a fan of Russian Circles, check out another instrumental band from Chicago called An Aesthetic Anaesthetic. they've released a bunch of great music over the past couple years, and just got asked by Sanford Parker (Pelican, Chris Connelly,. Yakuza, Buried at Sea) if he could produce their next album. i'm going to be putting it out on vinyl in june/july of 2012.

http://anaestheticanaesthetic.bandcamp.com/

I was also at the Columbus show. I liked all the bands to a certain degree. Young Widows left me a bit speechless, for better or worse haha. And yea the Aryan looking frontman of Deafhaven was pretty crazy. I thought at any moment he was going to turn into Skeletor. I picked up the RC 12", pretty stoked on the new record!