FUR COATS - Don't Make Me Beg 7"

dirtcult

This is the debut from Chicago powerhouse, Fur Coats, featuring members of Das Kapital, Direct Hit!, No Empathy, The Traitors, etc. I got sent these songs, immediately fell in love, and screamed “I’ll do it!” These songs carry on the great tradition of melodic Chicago punk, and the hooks will get stuck in your head for days. Don’t believe me? Stream the record here:

http://thefurcoats.bandcamp.com/

Limited to 300 on black vinyl!

www.dirtcultrecords.com

this is marc ruvolo on guitar/vocals, davey houle on drums, and devon kay (of devon kay and the solutions, one of the bands on my label's upcoming split 7"!). this band fucking rules. if dirt cult wasn't going to put this 7" out, i would have.

definitely check it out if you have a few minutes to fall in love. i'm quite partial to the song "don't make me beg", but they're all really good. the recordings are fun, but if you have the opportunity to catch them live, don't pass it up.

Yeah really do want to see them live...was listening to this over and over again last night while assembling them and looked up plane tickets to Ian's Party...but I can't do that sorta last minute shit in 2012...I'll be going broke putting out records and traveling with my own band.

But yeahm Chicago people, Fur Coats will definately have copies for Ian's Party in early January...