craig finn vinyl pressing

did anyone else who oredered the craig finn record get something out of the package that was beat to hell? I ordered mine from amazon and while the sleeve was in good shape the record itself had scuffs and marks all over it. even with the tracking all the way up i could get this record to play from the start groove on either side. does anyone know if this kind of thing is common with vagrant pressings or was it just me?

man that sux, for me, glad yours is cool, i sent them an email and they just said they would refund my money no need to send back item, but the a side has big horizontal marks and some light "scuffs" for lack of a better term, the b side looks like it was sparyed by something, hairspray on a wall look. How was the record itself, awesome probably.

I took a closer look at the LP and there is in fact one long, thin scuff on side B (I don't have the brightest lights in my bedroom, so it didn't catch my eye when I played the record originally). Thankfully though it plays fine, so I'm ok with keeping this copy.

As far as the actual music goes, I liked it. I'd be lying if I said I had that immediate connection with it like I did the first time listening to any of The Hold Steady's albums, but it was cool in a low-key, mellow kind of way. Lyrically it fits alongside Stay Positive and Heaven is Whenever. Musically it has an a light, alt-country feel. Going to need a few more listens before I can really make up my mind about it.

yea i didnt actually have to send it back, i would have though in the morning had i not got such a quick response. My pressing was black and it did have a DL card, the other cool thing was instead of an insert it had a pack of pictures with each pic having the seperate song info.

The packaging on this one was great with textured cover and all and the DL card is cool, least ican throw it on a check it out