Best deal for 500 LPs + jackets?

I'm looking to put out an album and I've been doing a lot of research and everywhere I look is going to run me ~$1800-2000 for 500 LPs + color jackets. I've mostly been looking at the bigger plants though (United, Rainbo, Pirates' Press etc.) and was wondering if there are any smaller plants doing things for cheaper that I may not have heard of.

Any ideas? And yes, I've read the stickied thread on releasing vinyl and checked out all the ones listed there already.

If I was about to spend $1500+ to press a record I would be beyond upset if I was unhappy with the quality which they came out after all is said and done. At the prices it costs to press vinyl across the board, isn't it just easier to spring the extra few hundred bucks to make sure its done right and efficiently and charge 1-2$ more per LP? And end up with a much higher quality, more reputable product that your fans would appreciate more anyway? If you cant front the money try kickstarter, a lot of people are doing that.

My main point being: I don't think your bands vinyl pressing that (assuming) you care a lot about should be something to cheap out on.

Just my 2 cents

If I was about to spend $1500+ to press a record I would be beyond upset if I was unhappy with the quality which they came out after all is said and done. At the prices it costs to press vinyl across the board, isn't it just easier to spring the extra few hundred bucks to make sure its done right and efficiently and charge 1-2$ more per LP? And end up with a much higher quality, more reputable product that your fans would appreciate more anyway? If you cant front the money try kickstarter, a lot of people are doing that.

My main point being: I don't think your bands vinyl pressing that (assuming) you care a lot about should be something to cheap out on.

Just my 2 cents

Word. There's really no getting around the price... vinyl is expensive. FWIW... diyrecordpressing.com that I mentioned is run by myself and a friend (which others mentioned on another post, but I think I should mention it here so as to not give off the impression that I'm trying to sneakily advertise). We broker through big plants, so the quality is exactly the same- just with us in the middle attempting to make it a little easier on diy labels and bands (and often, less expensive). Check out any of Oi! the Boat's vinyl from the last year or so and you'll see what we are putting out.

I have a quick question. I've been looking around on different plant sites and such, and I searched Google, but I'm still pretty new to all of this. What's the best way to get your records shipped to you? I couldn't really find a clear answer. All the plants say "shipping not included". I know media mail goes up to 70lbs and that costs about $30, but that's the only one I noticed. I'm not really looking to do anything now, but if I decide to in the future when I have more cash (which I really want to), I'm just doing research on it all. Plus, I just like knowing what all goes into the things that take all my money. :P