germany: registered mail?

Hit or miss for me. Their shipping is usually pretty damn expensive and is primarily based on weight. I've lowballed shipping payments receiving records in plastic bags basically. It's worth researching your shipping options to make sure it arrives in one piece. Don't know the specifics, just that it's more expensive than from the UK. I'll let someone who's actually from Deutchland take over from here.

it depends on what kind of registered mail. if its dhl, yeah its worth it but its damn expensive... if its the normal german postal service it isnt, id say.

im always shipping using the normal postal service ("deutsche post") and ive never had any problems with it. usually the packages get really quick from here to the us. quick as in: some packages arrived within a week and it never took more than two weeks before.

here are the rates that apply to packages up to the size of a normal lp mailer. just so you know youre not getting ripped off:

<500g - 3,50€

<1kg - 7€

above 1kg.... ive no idea. it gets pretty expensive there. adding a tracking number (that probably stops working at the border anyways) costs 2€