eBay: Ben Folds, Tool, Perfect Circle, MTB + more

epheron

For the record three of the songs on side B of that Tool LP are not Tool.

Cool, which songs and by who? I don't know/care about Tool so I can post that information in the auction. Feel free to PM me, thanks!

I basically sent this in a PM on my phone app, but am not sure it went through:

I think Comfortably Numb and Wrong Way are just shitty quality live versions from Pink Floyd and Sublime (they circulated mistagged on Napster years ago as Tool so odds are these tracks are mp3 sourced) and Silly Love songs is a Paul McCartney cover by the Replicants feat Maynard.

The Replicants is basically Failure with other musicians when they were seeking an additional guitarist to join them on tour and the album is the resulting sessions.

These sessions were when Paul D'Amour (first Tool Bassist pre-Aenima) was auditioning (although they later hired Troy VanLeeuwen (QOTSA, Enemy, A Perfect Circle) and only recorded one song as Failure with him (Enjoy the Silence for the Depeche Mode tribute album))

It's pretty solid if you like Failure and/or covers.

http://www.discogs.com/Replicants-Replicants/release/3046056

I saw that Parabol LP on AuralExploits years ago and figured it was a scam/bootleg LP.

My advice is to only mention the Replicants clarification if your aim is to sell the record... I doubt pointing out the Pink Floyd/Sublime mixups and shitty source audio will do you any good ;)