Philco Portable Suitcase Turntable

Hey everyone,

I'm kind of a noob with this whole turntable thing. I've been using my dad's turntable for a while now in his rack system and unfortunately I cannot take it to college with me.

I've been looking around at the different options and I'm trying to look for an easy turntable to take back and forth to college (I go to school in Pittsburgh and live around Philadelphia).

I came across this Philco suitcase turntable and I'm intrigued. It plays three speeds (something I like because I've come across some of my grandfather's 78's) and has internal speakers but allows the option for audio out - another feature I really like.

I'm here asking what your opinions on it are and if I should get one of these Philcos. I know it seems close to the idea of the Crosley traveler, but I don't know how they compare to one another.

If you want to see the turntable it can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Philco-Portable-Suitcase-Turntable-841-651/dp/B004TO490U

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's what I'm trying to find out too.

vw.jpg

These are pretty rad! & portable. But on a serious note it's a bitch to move back and forth. But with how oftern I buy records at school I just bring a crate with me for new ones and a the original packaging for my TT. It's a pain to pack correctly but it's the only option we have