PO: Sweet Apple

J's in Toronto at the moment kicking off the "I Bet on Sky" tour, but luckily he was in the studio a couple of months ago with one of his other bands, Sweet Apple. There's a brand new single out, the details are below!

Well into the recording session for Sweet Apple's upcoming full length (due February 12th on Outer Battery) the band decided they needed to blow off some steam and record a couple of cover songs. It's all about childhood influences - and John Petkovic, with the 2012 elections looming, was inspired to record Alice Cooper's "Elected" - bigger than the Billion Dollar Babies version and timed just right.

Meanwhile Dave and J, deep in the early 80's Punk and Oi of their youth, chose Anti Pasti's "No Government" as the B-side, with J grabbing the guitar and producing the meanest sound he's had since "You're Living All Over Me" era Dinosaur Jr. With both songs on tape, we here in the Outer Battery camp have decided to release them as a super limited 7", packaged in a sleeve inspired by those classic No Future singles. With just 200 copies on orange vinyl and 500 on green these won't last long, and the orange vinyl is only available from the Outer Battery site!

http://www.outerbatteryrecords.com/products/sweet-apple-elected-no-government