Dave Grohl announces an immediate stop to all Foo Fighting

During last Saturday's Global Citizen Festival, Foo Fighter's frontman Dave Grohl indicated that his long-time band might be calling it quits for a while. This week Grohl took to Facebook to confirm the hiatus:

Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...

What's this mean for your drive home? Not a whole lot, actually. Through-out the band's 18-year long career Grohl has threatened to quit or induced hiatuses numerous times. The most recent break occurring between 2007's Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace and last year's Waisting Light.

The band did, however, nearly dissolve in 2001 following a number of personal tragedies and failed attempts at 2002's One by One.

The takeaway here is that it will be a while before we hear new Foo Fighters. Meaning, now is the time for Courtney Love's Hole to make their triumphant feminist comeback!!!!

Finally, Foo fans might also want to check-out Grohl's upcoming documentary Sound City.

foo-fighters-announce-indefinite-hiatus.gif

Source: The horse's mouth

Dave Grohl announces an immediate stop to all Foo Fighting