Polaris Prize 7" Series - Japandroids/Fucked Up/Grimes/etc.

gmoney

I haven't heard of this or seen it yet, but apparently this happened several months ago:

The Polaris Music Prize is pleased to announce the return of the surprise split 7” series, sponsored by Scion. Purchase any one of the ten 2012 Polaris Music Prize Short List artists' albums (cd or vinyl) at any of the participating retailers (listed below) and you will be given a surprise split 7”. The instantly collectible unmarked limited edition 7” will feature one Short List artist on each side.

The releases will come in the following splits:

Grimes / Handsome Furs

Kathleen Edwards / Cold Specks

Japandroids / Cadence Weapon

Fucked Up / YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN.

So -

this is an information thread, but also, I need these. If someone in Canada knows where I could get the Japandroids and Fucked Up ones, I will pay for your trouble. They are ORANGE and YELLOW.

Stores and more info here:

http://www.polarismusicprize.ca/article/448/scion-split-7-series-is-here/

Ok so I called my local store, and he says they were vouchers given out to people who purchased these records, which I guess could then be redeemed somewhere. The store has two left that were unclaimed. He's going to try to contact the people who they're supposed to go to and if not, work something out with me. If they're fucked up or Japandroids ones, they're going to gkersey, grimes to the other dude who just called dibs, or that other one to whoever wants it.

• 1 month later...