New Set-Up Help/Advice

I'm looking to buy a new turntable (Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct Drive) and upgrade the cartridge to the Shure M97xE (based on lots of online recommendations). I just recently began listening to vinyl via a Numark PT01USB turntable (I know, it's a "toy"), but I have a nice pair of Etymotic earbuds that I love using along with the turntable. For that reason, I am interested in pairing a new turntable with a preamp that I can use my earbuds with, as I do not have a stereo set-up (receiver, speakers, etc.) I have a nice pair of Bose bookshelf speakers for my iMac, but that's it. I am looking at the Bellari VP130 Preamp because it is also a headphone amp. The specs say the Bellari is for MM and high output MC cartridges. I cannot figure out exactly what kind of cartridge the Shure is. The Amazon description says "high-performance magnetic", but I don't know what that means compared to MM and high output MC.

Am I looking at components that are incompatible? Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

>> Scott