Best Integrated Amp at $500?

Yeah, I agree with ajxd. This is a good deal

Well, we all know the term "if its too good to be true, it probably is". I guess the PM6004 at $500 was only available as part of a membership club that costs $300 annually. Couldnt find another one cheaper than $599ppd online, which is unfortunately over my budget.

At this point and a ton of hours of research, I decided to use that $500 to upgrade both my receiver and floor standing speakers and do away with my vintage setup altogether. Settled on both of these budget-friendly overacheivers for a total of $530ppd

Yamaha - A-S500 Integrated Amp

Pioneer - SP-FS52 (pair)

Replacing

Marantz - 2252B (experiencing problems with the phono stage lately)

Sansui - SPX-3000 Speakers (pair)

I probably would have saved for a week and still bought the 6004. It's $100, sell a few LPs, give a couple randos a handy.

Of course I get a phone call from my original Marantz order and they offer it to me at $515ppd 2 days after my original order. And of course the amp I bought earlier today is non-refundable and has already shipped. Oh well, it pained me to have to turn that Marantz price down but it still should be a nice upgrade to what Ive got currently. Still, Im a little sore right now since I could have waited on the speakers.

I probably would have saved for a week and still bought the 6004. It's $100, sell a few LPs, give a couple randos a handy.

See to me, selling music to upgrade gear is doing it wrong in my book. For me it will always be music 1st and gear 2nd in my order of priorities. Im not sure if Im good at giving randos handies, but I have had a lot of practice on myself, haha.

Do you collect variants? You don't have a single record given to you that you don't like? I used to have over 600 LPs plus a stupid amount of 7"s. I decided to sell all my variants. Bought me a new TV!

No, I dont collect variants, IMO Id never remove myself from acquiring an entirely new album by trying to purchase a 2nd copy of the same album. I only buy albums I want. I do still have thousands of albums Id like to own that I currently do not have.

Its hard trying to balance financially

A ) An ever growing record collection

B ) A relatively satisfying temporary 2-channel setup

C ) Acquiring over $1 million dollars worth of real estate properties by the end of the year

If I can retire by 40 (8 years), then an elite audiophile setup will probably be in the cards for me. Its not that I cant afford the great things in the audiophile world right now, its just that its more important for me to use that money in areas of better financial returns currently.

I feel I upgraded both my speakers and my receiver with my purchase and that's just gonna have to be good enough for me right now.