Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" sells 968,000 copies

You know what's cool? Almost a million in sales. After a six-year absence from the music scene, Justin Timberlake's latest record, The 20/20 Experience, debuted at Number 1 on the Billboard Top 200, selling over 968,000 copies in its first week.This news is notable for a number of reasons. Firstly: Someone sold a shit-ton of records, which rarely happens anymore. Secondly, it marks Timberlake's biggest single-week release - beating FutureSex/LoveSounds which sold 684,000 copies in its first week in 2006. Thirdly, it places the album 19th overall for single-week debutes since Nielsen SoundScan started tracking such things way back in 1991.Apple's iTunes is reportedly the album's top seller, followed closely by Target. Unlike other tainted releases, 20/20 wasn't subject to bulk sales or Amazon discounts - making it a legit success.Curiously, the album will be geting a sequel later this year. Evidently, the title is meant to be taken literally with another 10 tracks excepted around November. The revelation came from Root's drummer Questlove who let the news slip last week. Timberlake has confirmed the spoiler, however, wouldn't commit to the release window.In related news, Taylor Swift has apparently joined several online dating sites in order to accelerate the writing process of her next album. In a statement given only to us, the singer/songwriter lamented the success of Timberlake's latest album, adding, "No way am I going to let some stink boy muscle in on my SoundScan territory, y'all!"Source: Billboard

Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" sells 968,000 copies