Three Loco LP - /? Black and /100 Clear

Didn't want to spend $20 on this but luckily I found it on eBay a few weeks ago for $12ppd

It really doesn't sound very good though, it's a nice novelty LP

The clear or the black?

I figured the same thing. I'm a huge fan of anything Andy touches so I of course had to get this. But I can't see myself playing it often.

I actually discussed with him the prospect of having this put out on vinyl a while back, over twitter.

I heard sound samples on the TTL page and they didn't sound so great but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions; I have no idea what type of setup was used to make them.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine a while ago, (vined/tweeted and was retweeted by Andy, sick.)

It's pretty okay for a recording of this genre. Just in the sense that this type of music is recorded like shit generally anyway. So it sounds bad but it sounds "right", if you catch my drift.

The pressing itself is just meh. Not really the best sounding pressing. Distorted sound, sounds like they cut it with a blunt stylus. Most people won't care. It was probably mastered from mp3s for all I know anyway.

Something weird - you know how if someone shouts during a mastering session during a quiet part, the vibration and energy of the voice will be transferred into the cutting stylus? Listen very closely to the locked groove. Sounds faintly like Andy's voice, and if he attended the mastering session... That's exactly something he WOULD do.

I however haven't heard mention of this anywhere else, so it may be nothing. But hear it for yourself and let me know what you think. Use headphones if at all possible.