Cleaning Your Equipment (Plastics and Metals)

my current turntable is a - Sanyo Plus Series Q25  (Picture is not mine)

1_1_15000104.jpg

this was my dads tt until the day i took when i moved out. anyway the front section thats metal with the brand name is dirty and just looks old, and the dustcover is cloudy. ive read some things online, but i wanna know if anyone has tried anything and how it went, before i start rubbing liquids or chemicals all over it...

I've heard good things about Plastix for dustcovers, but have not used it.  Personally, I've used 3M's scratch remover and Quixx's acrylic scratch repair; they both made notable improvements.  With that being said, don't expect gouges and the like to disappear, but I was able to bring back much of the clarity and buff out most of the light scratches and glazing.

For metal parts, be careful for the lettering (if it's painted/printed on).  I've used Windex, Nevr Dull, soap and water, really just play it be ear on the finish of the metal and whether or not I think it is likely to get scratched or wash away the lettering.

Stickers are good, too.