Black Sabbath (also Iggy and the Stooges)

two of my all-time favorite legendary bands putting out albums, 40 years after their prime, within months of each other...

...imagine my trepidation about the quality of both. Not that either artists haven't already done their fair share to sully the brilliant early albums of their careers. But for some reason, things feel different this time.

So, does anybody out there have any thoughts? Four songs into 13, and while the first two songs were just okay, I can honestly say that as a long-time avowed fan, I'm presently damn surprised at how good the next two are.

Ready To Die even has its wondrous moments of actually being solid.

Way to rock, old fuckers.

I watched black sabbath play about a month ago. It ruled. I went in with zero expectations, well that isn't true. I went in expecting it to be shit.

They played 2 new songs. Both for me were good, but not memorable in the way war pigs is.

For guys their age to be still doing this, it's great.

It is clear to me now that my love of dinosaur music is inappropriate for this board.

I'm off to check out threads about grown men coyly whispering their 8th grade poetry over acoustic guitars and synths. You know, music to really bawl in your Cheerios over. Or maybe some tattooed, nasal-voiced date rapist singing over metallic, double time guitars and drums.

Or ska.