vinyl care

Guest havenhurst

I have a friend who unwarps records in the oven, but I understand if you're afraid to go that route. If you're interested though, you can find instructions online. Just do a search with the keywords unwarp, record, and oven.

If it's a considerable, but not major warp, try the hot towel method. Put a dry towel in your dryer for a full cycle. Lay it flat, put the record on it, fold the towel over to cover the record and put some heavy books on top.

I've heard that there also exists some kind of device that hooks on to your turn table and pushes records flat.

For the particular record you're talking about though, if the warp is really that slight, can't you just adjust the anti-skating mechanism?

well, let's recap. i've already heard about the oven thing, but honestly it horrifies me. to be precise i had heard about a microwave oven. could it be? but putting a record in a hot (or wam) oven terrorizes me anyway.

the towel thing: i don't have a dryer, just a washer, so this method is out.

so i guess the glass panes is the best one for me. but...what's a glass pan? anyway all this thing is just for flattening out a pair of records, just because i want them flat :)

well, let's recap. i've already heard about the oven thing, but honestly it horrifies me. to be precise i had heard about a microwave oven. could it be? but putting a record in a hot (or wam) oven terrorizes me anyway.

the towel thing: i don't have a dryer, just a washer, so this method is out.

so i guess the glass panes is the best one for me. but...what's a glass pan? anyway all this thing is just for flattening out a pair of records, just because i want them flat :)

just means a large piece of glass. something you could use as the top of a table or as a window.

nah, a pane of glass. we arent talking about cookware here. window glass, for instance. anything that is large enough to completely cover the vinyl, and completely flat, of course. i'm sure if you put weight on the glass on either side of the record that it would eliminate the need for the glass to be super heavy, but jeremy didnt say anything about weight, so i dont think it would be necessary.

nah, a pane of glass. we arent talking about cookware here. window glass, for instance. anything that is large enough to completely cover the vinyl, and completely flat, of course. i'm sure if you put weight on the glass on either side of the record that it would eliminate the need for the glass to be super heavy, but jeremy didnt say anything about weight, so i dont think it would be necessary.

yep, probably vinyl is warm and the glas flattens it out without using any weight...